Friday, October 25, 2013

I'm Into B&W Like Never Before

It’s not that I have rediscovered B&W.  It’s I’ve discovered a better way to convert digital color to B&W.  I now use the colors to produce varying degrees of variation in the gray scale independent of Brightness and Contrast.  I’m in love all over again.  The tools that do this are common now.  Photoshop and Light Room have it as well as ACDSEE.  There are even stand alone programs available.  And for you mobile device photographers, the apps that do this are pronominal.





1 comment:

  1. I've been playing with these adjustments for a while now, but I just can't figure out what I really like in a B&W picture. I KNOW when I see one I like, but I haven't figured out what makes me like it so that I can try to incorporate it into my pics.

    ReplyDelete